Today, those sitting in front of the computer are quick to finish all the tasks. But Windows 10 is slow for many reasons. In this article, we will discuss how to increase upload and download speeds in Windows 10.
The speed of data transfer can slow down several times when we upload or download files from the Internet. You may have encountered one such situation at least once.
But there is one thing you do not know. The Internet is not the only reason for the speed of data transfer. Surprisingly, your Windows-10 computer is also slow down in many ways. But the only satisfactory thing is that we can change these speed cutouts of Windows-10.
Take a look at the steps that can be taken to speed up the upload and download of Internet data on Windows-10.
Change the Windows-10 Bandwidth Limit
Windows-10 uses a certain amount of bandwidth to download its operating system and apps update. But if it is using a large amount of bandwidth, reduce it by the following method.
1. Open Windows Settings.
2. Click Update & Security.
3. Now click on Advanced Options and click on it.
4. Scroll down and click Delivery Optimization.
5. Now, under Advanced options, select Advanced options.
6. There will be separate sliders for both Download settings and Upload settings. Windows-10 can set how much Internet bandwidth it can use for its important tasks.
Control which app uses the highest bandwidth
Some apps on the computer use your Internet connection to upload, download and sync files.
However, if you are uploading or downloading any files you need to disable or disable these apps. Find apps that use data, and follow these steps to control them.
1. Open Windows-10 Settings.
2. Select Network & Internet.
3. Now select Data usage in the left sidebar.
4. Click on View usage per app right here.
5. You can see all the apps and the amount of data they are using. It can find or close applications that use excessive data and can be closed or disabled.
Remove the data usage limit
Internet Setting has the option of limiting data usage. See if it is active on your computer. This should be disabled if Internet speeds and upload speeds are increased.
1. First go to the settings of your computer.
2. Open Network & Internet.
3. Now select Change connection properties.
4. Scroll down until the Metered connection appears. Turn it OFF.
Close Background Applications
Many apps that work on your computer’s back ground use an Internet connection. This will also slow down your download and upload speeds. To solve this problem, follow the procedure below to close the Background Apps.
1. Go to the settings of your computer.
2. Select the Privacy option.
3. Scroll down to the left and select Background Apps.
4. Now turn OFF the let apps run in the background that appears on the right.
Delete temporary files
Your computer may slow down even with a large number of temporary files stored on the computer. Completely deleting such unnecessary temporary files can increase computer upload and download speed. Be aware that deleting temporary files does not interfere with the normal functioning of any application.
1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously and the Run window opens.
2. In the Run box, type% temp% moments and press Enter.
3. Now select all the files in the temp folder at once and delete them.
4. Right-click the Recycle Bin on the desktop and press Empty Recycle Bin.
I hope these tips helped you to speed up download and upload on Windows-10.