Simple Ways to Know your PF Balance
Check PF Balance 2017: PF is one of the important processes to the entire employer who were working in a particular company, because the PF is the backbone of the entire employer who was getting retired. One can able to check the PF account balance by the process of contacting the previous employer. There are separately two options are available to check the balance of the PF amount. But the easy way is that one can file for the application of PF balance checking to your last employer. You can mainly get the application and the other formalities from the EPF office.
In most of the companies they will ask you the proper PF account balance form from the EPF office along with the bank cheque. For this purpose, always you must be in contact with your preceding company representatives, to check the balance of the PF amount in an easy manner without any obstacles. There are several ways to process the amount.
There are several reasons are available which can convert the PF account balance is not a best idea
- Generally the PF amount is provided by the company at the time of retirement and that amount should not be used before you getting retired.
- This method is helpful for the employee to live a better life and the secure life in future.
- They also no need to worry about their future after retirement, because a bulk amount is there for the employee at the time of retirement.
- In any situation, if you want to check the balance of your PF amount before retirement means, then you must pay the tax based on the interest of amount that you have earned.
- If you did not pay the tax means then you will suffer with the Income Tax Act under the section 80C.
- You also have another option of transferring your PF account to a new company, when you relieved from the previous company.
Steps To Check The Balance Of The PF Amount:
There are certain steps are available to check the balance of your PF amount when you are the employee of the respected company. You can get the amount at the time when you are switching your job from one place to other with the process of particular PF account.
The PF form is available in the official PF website as the Form 19 process. There are three ways are available to check the balance of the PF amount.
- You can apply the PF withdrawal amount to universal account number (UAN). If you have the official UAN then you can easily get the PF amount.
- Submitting the application of PF balance checking directly to the PF office.
There are seven steps are possible in checking the account balance of the PF account
- Checking the PF account balance through the UAN
- Downloading the PF passbook through the UAN
- Downloading the PF Passbook through the Member Portal
- EPF Missed Call Service
- EPF Mobile App
- Know Your EPF Balance Through SMS
- Know Your EPF Balance Online
Clear description about seven steps to check the PF balance:
#1 Checking the PF account balance through the UAN:
Through the universal account number one can able to easily check the account balance for the provident fund very easily. Mainly the EPF members can able to easily generate the universal account number and by that the EPFO will provide the account to all the UAN. The EPF members will also get enormous number of benefits by the process of the UAN account portal. With this UAN one can able to withdraw the money.
#2 Downloading the PF passbook through the UAN:
Through the universal account number one can also able to download the passbook of the provident fund, with that the details of the account balance of the PF is checked. Generally this will have the details of the monthly contribution of the provident fund. In this the employee strategy and the details will be maintained with the pension scheme of the employee and the latest balance.
#3 Downloading the PF Passbook through the Member Portal:
Through the member portal one can also able to download the passbook of the provident fund, with that the details of the account balance of the PF is checked. This can be done before the UAN portal has been introduced. When you forgot the password of the UAN portal, the member portal will be very much useful at that time. Only the PF number is enough when using the member portal instead of password. Registration is important to check the balance with ember portal. To login, KYC document number is enough and after that the passbook can be downloaded.
#4 Check Your EPF Balance Using Missed Call Service:
If you are not convenient with the above steps means then you can directly go to the EPF missed call service, where if you give missed call to the certain inquiry number of your branch means you will get your balance details. This is one of the easiest methods where you no need to spend any money. If you give a missed call means, suddenly you will receive the SMS about your PF account balance.
Giving a missed call to 011-22901406
#5 Check EPF Balance using Mobile App:
If you are more advanced person means then go with the EPF mobile app which is available in the google play store. You can download that app through the legal EPFO website also to download the original version of the app. Here you have to enter the universal account number and the number you have registered to check the balance.
-> For Android user Click here to Download from Google Play store
#6 Know Your EPF Balance Through SMS:
In the above step, you have seen about the missed call, instead of that you can give a missed call you can directly send a message and receive your message about your balance.
- You can use the UAN registered mobile number, Need to send the text to number 7738299899.
- The simple format is EPFOHO UAN <ENG> you will receive the message in English.
#7 Know Your EPF Balance Online:
Nowadays, in this modern world the online method is also becoming an old method because of the invention of the new apps. Eventhough there are more apps, if you want to check online you must be a PF member to know the detail about PF balance page.
- Go to this link:http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php
- Click on “Know your balance” at the bottom of the webpage
- You need to select the state of the PF office in which your EPF account has been maintained
- Select your EPF state
- Choose your city specific EPF office
- Enter your EPF account number and your name
- Click submit
(EPF balance will be sent to you via SMS on the registered mobile number)
That’s all friends, These are the simple methods to check EPF Balance. If you like this information. Please share this your friends via Social Media Sites.